I can save you a few minutes by saying this picture very accurately sums up my week one!! The tiredness is real and the want for coffee and sugar are TOUGH to overcome, but there are a few really nice discoveries in this first week…
1. I am learning to cook, quickly! This is like taking a crash course in cooking because having enough whole foods ready to eat takes some preparation and creativity if you don’t want to be at the grocery store all week.
2. Vegetables are great at breakfast. They are filling and add a nice boost of healthy carbs to my mornings… Just need to get the packing togo a little better sorted. Lol
3. I am a HUGE fan of Trader Joe’s. I admit that when Trader Joe’s came to our area this year, I just wasn’t that impressed. Since starting this Whole30, though, I’ve scored some AWESOME additions to our meals and have been finding new things each time I go back that make it easier to get food on the table- big plus with two little ones at home.
4. Coffee always has, and always will be, my best friend. I’ve been drinking bulletproofs with ghee and coconut milk, or shots of espresso with cinnamon. I seriously miss my cream and raw sugar, but am realizing how much I rely on the sugar as a pick-me-up.
5. I am a Sugar-Junkie. Okay, I’ve known this for a long time. I LOVE sugar and when I am sitting down to my fruit, coconut milk, and nuts, I know that this is as good as ice cream to me… and I need to slow my roll on the fruit. Junkie.
All-in-all I’m happy with week 1. I’m feeling trimmer, the bloating (that is kind of gnarly) is gone and I feel less food cravings. I need to back off the fruit and salt, but otherwise am pretty pleased. I want to eat a grilled cheese, french fry, pizza, but I think I can do this. =)